Friday 18 July 2008

Furnitex and Absolutely Beautiful Things.....

Hello everyone,
I've been in Melbourne this week checking out Furnitex Design and Decoration after an invitation to host their media lunch. It was a great fair with loads of lovely treasures and very interesting industry seminars - one of which was given by US based textile and interior designer Kathryn Ireland - who shared her inspirations and a snippet into her very fabulous (and celebrity filled life!). The other seminar was given by interior designer Anna Spiro of Black and Spiro - the very talented creator of the blog Absolutely Beautiful Things - one of my very favourites. It was fascinating to hear Anna's insights into the blogging world and I got a lot of tips to help me on my way. Most of all, I was moved by Anna's passion - for work, her blog and life in general. Anna, it was a pleasure to meet you and listen to you speak. You truly are absolutely beautiful...





pic source: Black and Spiro windows


3 comments:

Villa Anna said...

Next year I absolutely have to attend Furnitex come hell or high water. I also hope to get up to Brissy in september and Black and Spiro will definately be my first port of call.

Anna :)

Shannon Fricke said...

Well worth the trip. And the weather in Melbourne was lovely - sunny and crisp - with winter coats lining the streets. It's great to get off the farm and see a little sophistication for a change.
sx

living her dream said...

I was at Anna's seminar too. She offered great advice and inspiration.