Saturday 11 October 2008

Summertime Tomatoes....

When I think of summer, I think of juicy summer fruits and warm, red tomatoes sliced and drizzled with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar, served with rustic bread straight from the oven! How divine. I'm over the moon because my tomato vine is finally getting a go on out there in the garden and the juicy toms are ripening beautifully. Tomatoes are an easy thing to grow - in a plot or a pot. You just need to ensure they are well staked so that the vine has room to spread. I just love this pic (which I think is from Martha Stewart). Hope they inspire summer in you too...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous looking tomatoes. I could eat the lot right now.
Karen

Shannon Fricke said...

hi karen,
don't they just look so ripe and juicy. love, love, love.
sx