Tuesday 2 December 2008

Creatures....





Now if you're a regular to my blog then you know how much I absolutely adore the work of local Bangalow artist Hilary Herrmann. I remember the first time that I laid eyes on her paintings - it was a couple of years ago and Hilary was just starting to put her work 'out there'. Back then, her paintings were very dark, sometimes deathly looking but with a beautiful, intangible quality. I fell in love with them instantly. These paintings are from her new series 'Creatures' which has just opened at the Cape Gallery up here in Byron Bay. So beautiful, I just had to share a few....


2 comments:

Carla said...

These are sublime. What a fabulous artist. I would love to have one of those hanging on my walls. carla

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

I love them too! They remind me a little of Arthur Boyd. Beautiful!