Saturday 29 May 2010

Wallpaper Beauties...


Now you do know how much I love a wallpaper! Why? I find they add quirky interest to the walls in the way that a beautiful artwork does and with so many patterns available it is possible to go for anything from the subdued to the dramatic. In my work, I do tend to to trip down the more dramatic end of the scale what with the Florence Broadhurst papers that I tend to feature. However, it doesn't always have to be this way. These papers are soft and more subdued - but still incredibly beautiful. You'll find them all through Porters Paints. Hope you like...

5 comments:

Sylvie said...

I love that one on the bottom. It reminds me of river rocks. The scale and colors are calm and bold at the same time.

Charlotta Ward said...

I too love wallpaper, and what I love the most is that there no longer are no rules.
Wallpaper is back and here to stay - as a full room, an accent wall, a statement piece or simply just in a fun and creative art expression.

I use a lot of wallpaper in my artwork - I love to mix the textures and designs. Such a wonderful tool for creativity.

x Charlotta

Jane (aka the girl in the brick house) said...

I love Cloth's new wallpapers as much as their fabric! In fact, like you I love pretty much all wallpaper.

Anonymous said...

ohhhh yes, me like..... both the wallpaper on this post & your lovely blog!!

agneta, a swedish one

WowPainting said...

Wallpaper is one of the easiest decorating tools to use for maximum impact. Its great for a feature wall or to highlight an alcove. The range of designs are amazing. Any off cuts can be used on canvases for instant artwork.