Monday 13 September 2010

A Story of Escape...



As you know, there is the odd occasion when I sneak away to Bali - generally on a work vacation but occasionally for a little getaway! I find Bali is such an inspirational place in so many ways - the Balinese are so 'in the moment' (sometimes frustratingly so!) - that thinking of the past or even the future is not in their emotional vocab... Being there is a reminder to be present in the now - a state of being that I'm forever struggling towards...

The colours of Bali always inspire me - these pics were taken at a local fruit stall and I had to take a couple of snaps. Note the muted tones mixed in with a sparkle of bright to uplift and entrance... This is Bali at it's most honest... Do you have a favourite place that inpsires you to be at peace? At one with yourself? Let me know, I'd love to hear your stories of escape...

p.s Also, a little reminder that I am going to draw the winner for the Blue Caravan Kanimbla Clay leaf tealight tomorrow - so look out - Tuesday could be your lucky day...

7 comments:

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

~*~Great images..I just love your blog!! :)Rachel~*~*

Felicity said...

Like you Bali is a favourite for me, in particular Ubud or anywhere in the mountains.
Thank you for these images, they have swept me back there.
x Felicity

Nina said...

Fantastic images. I´ve never been to Bali, but what I´+ve heard and seen, it seems divine.

beachvintage.com said...

I feel this way every time I cross the QLD border into Northern NSW. Anywhere will do from Byron to Newcastle. As long as its near the coast!

Anonymous said...

WOW, I haven't stopped by your blog for a couple of days, and then I open to the devine pics of Bali, I am off there next week with my family for 3 weeks, cant wait, but then scroll down to find a picture of a big hole in your backyard that resembles the beginning of a pool, (my draw dropped as I to have been on a mission for a pool in our backyard). May have to leave this pic open as a hint to my husband, I am sure you will enjoy many summers. Beautiful.

Betty Gaeta said...

Hi Shannon,
I don't Bali, only Bali's pics.
Your blog is beautiful!
Have a great week.
xoxo

Anne Marie said...

those are fantastic pictures...and i run off to the local market, but nothing ever like this...and certainly not as exotic and beautiful as Bali for heaven's sake! what a blessing to see such things...

so nice to meet you....
xo+blessings,
anne marie