Thursday 2 December 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like...






I love Christmas - the fanfare, the regalia, the pressies, the roast and pudding.... And of course, the bringing together of the family, all in one location, for better or for worse! This year however, we'll be traveling for Christmas and so it will be just the four of us - hopefully covered in snow somewhere in Europe... I can't resist getting a tree together even though we won't really be here to enjoy it (although hopefully our house guests will!). You will know well that I love to pull old branches from the farm and re-interpret them as displays in my farmhouse - and so this year, instead of the traditional tree we decided to create a Christmas sculpture in the lounge room using old branches... These two branches are particular favourites as they are greying and motley plus covered in moss... The kids had a ball doing the decorating our lovely branches and all in all, I think it makes for a very simple and sophisticated tree... The perfect decorative accompaniment to our more formal lounge room... Don't you just love Christmas...

10 comments:

mosswood said...

I love the bare branches look. It shows off the decorations so much better thatn the traditional tree. Now I just have to convince the children that this is the way to go!
Maybe next year...

Kerry said...

My most vivid Christmas memory as a little kid was my mum spraying branches from one of our trees silver and hanging the ornaments. And that was a long, long time ago :)

luluvillage said...

lovely!

The Adventuresome Pearl said...

Very pretty!
The branches combined with your ornaments looks very relaxed and earthy.
What a lovely casual chic vibe:-)

Anonymous said...

Love the branches! I've been thinking of doing something similar w/ help from my 5 year old!

Knicky Knacks said...

Love it, love it all, Christmas is the best! Love your tree and your gorgeous decos.

Kellie Collis said...

What a lovely Christmas tree! A lot lovelier that they are crafted with your kids! Have a beautiful rest of the week, Kellie xx

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

I LOVE your family tree. An really love your blog, so glad you found me :)

Iris (Irideeën) said...

Just a few days and I will start decorating too. Cannot wait....

Sarah Klassen said...

very much so! I look forward to so much at Christmas—I am still working on the decorating, though, gathering a little here and a little there until it's just right. Sticks are definitely on the must-have list this year again—it's nice to have something organic. Your image is beautiful, as are the ornaments :)

Happy December* xo