Monday 20 June 2011

Tiled BBQ And Stone Walls...



I'm creating a BBQ surround in the pool cabana right now - and am so excited to be using some tiles that I found through Sonya at Jatana Interiors - these are the ones from Argentina (if you've seen the Facebook page then they'll look familiar). Joni our stonemason has been laying these out to see how they fit together - next step is to lay them into the space whilst also creating some lovely stone walls... Ah, I'm in heaven working around our lovely stonemasons, they are such a lovely breed - calm, collected and of the earth. These walls will lead us into the garden beyond - which we are slowly, slowly beginning to shape. There's a lot of grass up here on the farm which we are beginning to tree in. I do so love the garden - in fact, it is in the garden that I am happiest. Last weekend I spent Sunday digging the dirt - planting the most beautiful natives, mixed with camellias and some pink magnolias - plus a Norfolk pine or two. These will sit behind our small orchard - which is fruiting beautifully this season. It's an education that's for sure - and I'm loving every second of it...
Sx
p.s thanks so much to our gorgeous girls that came to share the day with us on Friday at The Little Cottage for the Just Colour Workshop. It's always such a pleasure and I come away completely inspired by the extraordinary and interesting women who make their way to the studio.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see how your tiles work out. I'm slowly planning an outdoor renovation in my backyard as well and it's so nice to see one that's happening that's not all concrete and slick grills. Hope you are enjoying the summer Shannon!

xo Mary Jo

Rachel Callaghan said...

Sigh...This is going to be absolutely GORGEOUS! Well done. So great that you have the gardening bug, too, along with all your other talents. Nothing makes me feel more fulfilled than a day in the garden, then later, in the evening, looking out the window at the days efforts!! It is an ongoing passion.....

Shannon Fricke said...

It is so much fun Rachel, although as a rule I can't walk for a day after digging in the garden. Who would of thought it could be such a great workout! sx