Tuesday 16 August 2011

Newport Living...













Things have been abuzz since my return from New York and Newport 10 days ago and as such I haven't had much of a chance to report on what I got up to in the Big Apple and beyond... Prue and I were so fortunate to have access to some extraordinary interiors that we photographed for the new book (released 2012) - the Americans really do know how to go all out when it comes to interior decorating and the beautiful interiors we photographed showcase their decorating prowess to the fullest... We
photographed in Manhattan (a funky apartment in Greenwich Village) and a divine residence in Newport Rhode Island - home of Australia's gigantic win of the America's Cup - a historical detail that all of the locals could not help bring up, over and over again! Seems that 20 or so years on - it's still a bit of sore point! Nonetheless, I do love Newport and here are some snaps that I thought I would share. Such gorgeous architecture - cookie cutter yes, but purely sublime nonetheless... I was fortunate to gain access to the Newport Beach Club (see salmon pink interior) - which was like stepping back in time! And, I was also very kindly invited to attend a large gala ball in the grounds of The Elms mansion - a beautiful building now a museum and well worth visiting if you're up that way. Thanks to RO and DG for the invite - the evening named 'A Midsummer Nights Dream' was like nothing I'd seen before. (I would have loved to share pics but sadly not allowed - security and all!)... Anyway, if you do get the chance to travel to Newport I say it's well worth it - and what with the dollar doing so well, you might even fit in a spot of Newport shopping!


3 comments:

Claudia Fabiana said...

Lovely, lovely images. I just adore the pink living room!

Ciao from the "other" Newport

Jennifer, Decorum said...

How timely Shannon. I'm headed to NY next month to celebrate my big "O". I've never been to the States before and am so excited. I've now added The Elms Mansion to my growing list of "must sees". Pity I'll only be there for 6 days as I think I need the full 4 week holiday to see everything on my New York list.

Sounds like you had a fantastic time getting into all those hard to get into spots.

Jennifer xx

Lotta said...

love!!!!