Thursday 22 September 2011

Spring Planting and Other Things...





My goodness - where has the time gone! Yes, it's been a busy time up here at the farm over the last couple of weeks with much hard yakka - planting seedlings for the vege patch - popping in nectarine trees, fig trees, a magnolia or two and some vibernum hedging plants... I feel a little exhausted I must say... But in a good way, of course... There's much work to be done from now until Christmas - to ensure that everything is in ship shape for 2012. What with farm work and creative work going on simultaneously, it's go, go, go... On top of all of this - Isobel the Spoodle took on an old brown snake a couple of days and almost didn't make it... But she is a tough girl - and is back on track... And so, phew... A cuppa and piece of cake is in order I think....
But before I do - I have to show you my little trellis' - I love that a simple lick of paint can transform a dull pine trellis into something gorgeous - in just a few minutes... Soon these little beauties will be covered in tomato plants and beans... Simply lovely....

3 comments:

beachcomber said...

great idea and i love that view!!
x

Unknown said...

Oh dear! Glad the pooch is ok. Living on acreage has long been something I would love to do one day but I have to say the idea of snakes kind of freaks me out. I hear where there is water you will always find snakes... and that emus are good to have to keep them away... not sure if they're just urban myths (or rural in this case).

Sue said...

I love white, it changes everything, it is so luminous, so "clean". Natural wood is fine also, but nothing compares to simply white!