Tuesday 15 November 2011

I Love Lellow...


I remember the day that I fell head over heels for Lellow - um, I mean Yellow... It was the day that my son Joe first said the word. He was only a wee thing back then - and his attempts at saying the word - but replacing the Y with an L - were just too cute to ignore... Consequently, I've been in love ever since - with Joe, of course, but also with the colour... It's crazy to imagine that I could ever love yellow... My mother has been a huge fan of it for years - trying to entice me to it too.... But my heart just couldn't stomach it... That is, until it became Lellow - now I simply can't get enough... I've even used it in clients houses - sparingly to begin - but with greater gusto as I grew in confidence. I even have bits of it at home... And a big dollop of it in the studio... Whether it's a bowl of lemons in the kitchen, or a wattle yellow in a fabric - I do love Yellow - um, I mean Lellow! Now I'm confused!!!

pic from Anthology Magazine

6 comments:

Paint Me White said...

Hi Shannon, I just can't do the yellow thing I'm afraid. I have tried and tried but this is just one color I cannot bring myself to use in the home or in my decorating. On our wedding day my husband ordered me red roses and they delivered yellow. Needless to say they were sent straight back and replaced. Just a color you either love or hate I guess. Sandy x

EL at home... said...

Ha ha, I love "lellow" too! Egg yolk, Sunshine, lemon, all shades actually and especially against a soft grey..

meenal@maison marigold said...

That's what my son says too...just love the sound of it coming out of his lovely little mouth! Lellow sure is lovely! xx meenal

Rachel Callaghan said...

HI Shannon
It is a well known fact that seeing yellow makes you happy - a splash of it at eye level is a great way to lift your mood, apparently. Maybe your son was born wise before his time!! Have a great (yellow) day!! Rx

red ticking said...

precious ... my nephew used to say that so immediately i heard his voice saying this while reading your post...
made my heart warm... thanks... xx

Unknown said...

oh how I love yellow too... I only recently wrote about yellow on my blog. it's just brings that little bit of sunshine into your life, and who doesn't want that!! x